This is a general list of what we need to complete your fund’s tax and accounting requirements:
Bank statements (including any new accounts including term deposits) from 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022.
Contributions – A breakdown by member of the types of contributions received by the fund.
Pensions – documentation supporting any pensions commenced during the 2021-22 financial year.
- portfolio valuation as at 30 June 2022 and transaction history reports (if applicable)
- All documentation from your portfolio or wrap provider including year end tax statements
- All dividend & tax statements
- Buy & sell contracts for shares sold or purchased
- Any other documentation received during the year that relates to takeovers, restructures, bonus shares, consolidations etc., for shares held by the fund. Usually these documents advise you to retain them for taxation purposes
- Any other document relating to an investment held within the fund which has not been covered above
- Agent statements (either monthly or annual) if using an agent to manage property, otherwise, all invoices and rent receipts for the year ending 30 June 2022
- A copy of the current lease/rental agreement (if not already provided)
- Documents for property bought or sold, including the date you entered the contract and the date the asset was first used or installed ready for use
- Rental appraisal & market valuation from an agent (if you are using one to manage your property)
- Copy of any Rollover Benefits Statements for money rolled into the fund during the period 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022
- Copy of life insurance policy annual renewal documentation form (the ownership of the policy should always be in the name of the superannuation fund)
- Copy of documentation relating to any new insurance policies from 1 July 2021.
- If you have transactions in your fund that do not fall into the above categories, please ensure that you provide us with full details
The material and contents provided in this article are informative in nature only. It is not intended to be advice and you should not act specifically on the basis of this information alone. If expert assistance is required, professional advice should be obtained.